These Conditions should be read by a passenger before purchasing a ticket and form a Contract of carriage between Belavia- Belarusian Airlines and a passenger.
Belavia- Belarusian Airlines reserves the right to make changes in the present Contract and notifies the passenger about the necessity to read the present Contract each time before buying a ticket.
This Contract is considered to be concluded from the moment of making an air ticket purchase namely:
- when purchasing air tickets in the Belavia ticket offices or from its agents;
- when purchasing air tickets on the web-site of the airline;
- when clicking “To buy” on the web-site of the airline on conditions of the further confirmation of the buying*;
- the moment of the confirmation of the air ticket purchase *.
* Confirmation of the air ticket purchase means the writing off the amounts from a passenger’s bank card (bank plastic card is a personal card of a passenger permitted for payment on this web-site).
- by notifying the airline through its call-centre by e-mail email@example.com or by the telephone number +375 (17) 220 25 55 (acknowledgement of receipt is required) while making an e-purchase;
- by notifying a ticketing agent if a passenger buys an air ticket or gets an e-ticket in the ticketing offices.
A passenger is entitled to decline the Contract before the air ticket purchase.
The passenger ticket and baggage check constitutes evidence of the contract of carriage. In case of e-ticket issuance and lack of printed itinerary/receipt the Contract is considered to be valid.
Conditions of contract
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not “international carriage” as defined by that Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: provisions contained in the ticket, applicable tariffs, carrier’s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier’s name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetable as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. On case of damage to baggage moving-in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within seven days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered.
- The ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetable or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notices substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provisions of this contract.
- Transfer of passengers and their baggage is carried out in consecutive order, starting with the first port of loading to the last port of discharging indicated in the passenger’s ticket. In case the posterior flight coupons have already been used, the ticket is acknowledged to be invalid for the passenger’s transfer and the carriage of the flight coupons for the unused itinerary segments is not refunded, if not stated otherwise by the carrier’s regulations.
If the passenger has not availed his seat reservation on some flight segment, he should inform the carrier about his determination to continue the transfer on the other itinerary segments. If the passenger has not informed the carrier about his decision to continue the transfer, the carrier is entitled to conceal the seat assignment for all the posterior itinerary segments without notice. Herewith the carrier’s transfer obligations are not terminated.
For the air travel a passenger must hold a passport with valid visa and other documents necessary for the entry to foreign countries. A passenger is liable for improperly issued documents, non-compliance with national laws, regulations, rules and orders of state authorities of a country of originating, destination or transit point.
Belavia has the right not to accept improperly documented passengers for carriage.