For securing safety of flights all passenger’s baggage that is planned to be transported by plane must be presented at the check-in for weighting and registration.
Baggage - is the personal things of the passenger, carried on board an aircraft.
This definition includes checked baggage and unchecked (carry-on) baggage of a passenger.
Unchecked (carry-on) baggage – passenger’s baggage, other than checked baggage, carried in passenger cabin of an aircraft during the flight under the supervision of a passenger.
The airline recommends the following articles to be carried into the cabin as a cabin baggage:
- money, jewelry, precious metals, silver ware;
- securities and official documents;
- passports and certificates, medical certificates;
- laptops, mobile phones, cameras;
- keys and valuable articles.
Free carry-on luggage allowance for 1 person:
|Passenger category||Piece number||Maximum dimensions for 1 piece (packed)||Maximum weightf or 1 piece (packed)|
|“Business” class||1||the dimensions of one piece shall not be more than 50х40х20cm or the sum of three dimensions shall not exceed 115 cm||12 kg|
|Participant of “Belavia Leader” Frequent Flyer program (holders of silver and gold cards)||1||the dimensions of one piece shall not be more than 50х40х20cm or the sum of three dimensions shall not exceed 115 cm||12 kg for «business» class, 8 kg for «economy» class|
|“Economy” class||1||the dimensions of one piece shall not be more than 50х40х20cm or the sum of three dimensions shall not exceed 115 cm||8 kg|
|Infants of up to 2 years age||1||Baby food and baby items needed to care for the child during the flight|
In addition to free carry-on luggage allowance applied each passenger is also permitted to carry the following items free of charge that may be needed for him/her during the flight, when they are at him/her and do not put into the baggage:
- handbag or briefcase, paper folders;
- coat, raincoat or plaid;
- parasol or umbrella-cane;
- bouquet of flowers;
- publications for reading during the flight;
- baby meal or baby things needed to care for a baby during the flight;
- mobile phone, camera, video camera, laptop or other portable electronic devices;
- crutches or walking stick;
- travelling cradle or car seat for newborns, collapsible baby stroller or wheelchair, cane or a universal foldable stroller-transformer;
- stretchers, wheelchairs and other vehicles for the disabled or persons with reduced mobility.
- Travelling cradle, collapsible baby stroller or wheelchair, car seat for newborns, cane or a universal foldable stroller-transformer as well as stretchers, wheelchairs and other vehicles for the disabled or persons with reduced mobility are labeled with “DELIVERY AT AIRCRAFT” tags and carried in cargo (baggage) compartment only. If necessary, the above things remain in the possession of a passenger till boarding the aircraft. Upon arrival to the point of destination or transit / transfer the passenger can get them near the steps upon disembarkation from the aircraft.
To check compliance of passenger things with the permitted dimensions of carry-on luggage there are special frame delimiter at the airports.
Pay your special attention that baggage rules and allowances may differ between airlines. Be attentive if you have several flights performed by different carriers in one itinerary.
Belavia-Belarusian Airlines does not accept as carry-on luggage the following things:
- objects, simulating actual weapon (toys, plastic and metal models);
- all sharp, cutting and piercing objects (knives, daggers, scissors, knitting needles, razor blades, manicure sets);
- cutlery (knives, forks, spoons, axes);
- tools (knives, hammers, screwdrivers, chisels, darts, nail files, including nail polish);
- sport equipment (bats, golf clubs, cricket, pool cue, ski harnesses and other);
- syringes, including disposable (passengers who require injections during the flight, - diabetes, allergies, etc., must provide proof from the attending physician);
- firearms and ammunition;
- explosives, ammunition, missiles, and illuminates the substance;
- compressed and liquefied gases, corrosive and oxidizing materials and substances;
- poisonous, toxic or irritating substances;
- magnetised and radioactive materials;
- flammable solids and liquids;
- briefcases and suitcases, equipped with security devices;
- mercury and other substances and objects, causing suspicion in the safety of their transportation and which can be used for arson, explosion or threaten the security for live of passengers and crew members.
Passenger carry-on luggage is not included in free checked baggage allowance.
Checked baggage - is the baggage, that the Carrier accepts under its own responsibility for its safekeeping and delivery and that is labeled with baggage identification tag. Checked baggage is carried in the baggage compartment of aircraft.
Free checked baggage allowance for 1 person:
|Passenger category||Maximum dimensions for 1 piece (packed)||Maximum weightf or 1 piece (packed)|
|“Business” class||not more than 50х50х100сm or the sum of three dimensions not exceed 158сm||30 kg|
|Participant of “Belavia Leader” Frequent Flyer program (holders of silver and gold cards)||not more than 50х50х100сm or the sum of three dimensions not exceed 158сm||for “business” class – 30 kg + 10 kg, for “economy” class – 20 kg + 10 kg|
|“Economy” class||not more than 50х50х100сm or the sum of three dimensions not exceed 158сm||20 kg|
|Infants of up to 2 years age||not more than 50х50х100сm or the sum of three dimensions not exceed 158сm||10 kg(on all direct scheduled flights)|
 For those travelling with infants in excess of free baggage allowance it is permitted to carry:
- one collapsible baby stroller or wheelchair; or
- one travelling cradle for newborns; or
- one car seat for newborns
- baby meal and baby things needed to care for a baby during the flight.
FOR SAFETY REASONS
The Airline does not accept or accept in a limited number the following things and items for transportation in the checked baggage:
- firearms and cold steel of all kinds (including gas and traumatic) without permission of the competent authorities;
- explosives, ammunition, missiles, and illuminate substances;
- compressed and liquefied gases;
- corrosive and oxidizing substances and liquids;
- flammable solids and liquids;
- poisonous, toxic or irritating substances;
- magnetized material;
- radioactive materials;
- briefcases and suitcases, equipped with security devices;
- mercury or other substances and items with similar characteristics, causing doubts about the safety of their transportation, which can be used for arson, explosion or threaten the safety of passengers and crew members.
Pay your special attention that hazardous materials carriage rules and allowances may differ between airlines. Be attentive if you have several flights performed by different carriers in one itinerary. Read the rules on their official sites or contact their call centers.
Devices with lithium and lithium-ion carriage
The transportation on Belavia aircraft of self-balancing electronic devices powered by lithium-ion batteries IS BANNED neither as carry-on luggage nor checked baggage. These devices are classified by UN as dangerous goods
Such self-balanced electronic devices include: hoverboards, mini-segways, airwheels, solowheels, balance wheel, etc.
Belavia-Belarusian Airlines accepts for carriage on its flights only such electronic devices powered by lithium or lithium-ion batteries that are used due a medical or physical disability (wheelchairs or other similar devices for PRM).
Lithium batteries are used in mobiles, laptops, electronic cigarettes and other electronic devices. Do you know that they are dangerous? If a lithium battery is damaged or short circuited it can start a fire. Don’t put them in your checked baggage. Carry them with you.
Attention! For safety, electronic cigarettes are accepted for transportation ONLY in carry-on baggage. Transportation of electronic cigarettes in checked baggage is FORBIDDEN!
Batteries contained in equipment such as laptop computers, cameras, mobile phones, etc. must be switched off and measures taken to ensure that they cannot be accidentally activated when placed in checked baggage.
Spare batteries may not be placed in checked baggage.
The terminals of all spare batteries must be protected from short circuit by: enclosing them in their original retail packaging or taping over the terminals or separate plastic bags for each battery.
Whether a lithium battery can be carried by air or not depends on its configuration and either Watt-hour (Wh) rating (for rechargeable) or Lithium Content (LC) (for non-rechargeable).
Use the following table to determine if your battery is acceptable:
|Watt-hour Rating (Wh) or Lithium Content||Carry-on Baggage||Checked Baggage||Operator Approved|
|≤100 Wh (2 grams) In Equipment||YES||YES||NO|
|≤100 Wh (2 grams) Spares||YES (no limit)||NO||NO|
|>100≤160 Wh In Equipment||YES||YES||YES|
|>100≤160 Wh Spares||YES(max 2)||NO||YES|
|>160 Wh||Must be presented and carried as Cargo in accordance with the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.||Must be presented and carried as Cargo in accordance with the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.||Must be presented and carried as Cargo in accordance with the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.|
To convert Amp-hours (Ah) to Watt-hours (Wh) multiply Ah x Voltage
Examples of Lithium batteries
Small Lithium Batteries and Cells include mobile phone batteries, watch batteries, MP3 player batteries and most original laptop batteries. The maximum rating for these batteries is 100 watt-hours (Wh).
Medium Lithium batteries and cells include larger batteries and cells – examples include some extended life batteries for laptop computers, and batteries used by audiovisual professionals. A “medium” battery provides between 100 and 160 watt-hours of power.
Large lithium batteries and cells are primary those used in industry. A large rechargeable battery provides over 160 watt-hours of power. Large batteries may be found in some electric and hybrid vehicles, as well as mobility devices and scooters.
Note: Other commercially available types of batteries such as Ni-Cad (nickel-cadmium), and alkaline can be carried safely in either checked or carry-on baggage provided they are adequately protected against short circuit.
Free baggage allowance is not applicable to:
- oversized baggage ( weight in excess 30 kg, size exceeding 1,60 m in three dimensions);
- sporting equipment for skiing, water sports and golf;
- TV sets, tape recorders and audio, video and household devices in excess of 10 kg;
- Pets and household birds except for seeing-eye dogs accompanying blind passengers;
- Flowers, young plants and potherbs in excess of 5 kg;
- Express mail and parcels in excess of 5 kg.
The transportation of the indicated items is paid according to their real weight regardless of the quantity of the passenger’s luggage.
If the dimensions of 1 piece of baggage exceed 50x50x100 cm it is considered to be an oversized baggage and is accepted for transportation on the flights of the airline only as cargo. The exemption is musical instruments, valuable and fragile goods, which may be accepted for transportation as checked baggage and in the cabin of the aircraft as well by an obligatory prior reservation.
Musical instruments (if the total weight is not more than 75 kg) should be carried in the cabin on the passenger’s seat. If the size of a musical instrument is beyond of a passenger’s seat then this baggage should be carried on two or more seats. Each separate seat is charged based on passenger’s fare, who carriers this baggage. Excess baggage rules apply to the carriage of oversized musical instruments in the cargo hold of the aircraft irrespective of weight and free baggage allowance.
Sports goods transportation
1 (one) set of sport equipment can be transported without extra charge if the total weight of this equipment and the baggage is not exceeded according to the Free Baggage Allowance in the relevant service class.
The extra charge is collected at rate per each exceeded kilo if the total weight of the baggage (the weight of sport equipment + the weight of the baggage) exceeds the Free Baggage Allowance in the relevant service class.
An extra set of sport equipment is not included into the Free Baggage Allowance and the extra charge is collected at rate per each kilo.
Types of sports goods allowed for transportation on “Belavia – Belarusian Airlines” flights:
- Bicycle up to 32 kg– Non-motorized bicycle, bicycle for children
- Golf equipment up to 32 kg - 1 golf bad, clubs, balls, golf boots
- Ski equipment up to 32 kg and up to 210 cm long - 1 пpair of skis, 1 pair of ski poles, 1 pair of ski boots
- Tandem bicycle up to 32 kg - Tandem bicycle
- Water ski up to 32 kg and up to 210 cm long - 1 pair of water ski or slalom water ski
- Archery equipment up to 32 kg - 1 set of arrows and a bow in a protective container
- Snowboard equipment up to 32 kg and up to 210 cm long– 1 snowboard, 1 pair of boots
- Fishing equipment up to 32 kg and up to 210 cm long– 2 fishrods, a bag or a case, one pair of fishing boots, a net
- Hockey equipment up to 32 kg– 1 hockey bag, sticks, 1 pair of skates, 1 set of protection patches for the body, 1 helmet
- Diving equipment up to 32 kg– 1 diving mask, 1 schnorkel, paddles, immersion suit, regulator, empty oxygen bottle, lantern
- Tennis, squash and badminton equipment up to 32 kg– 2 rackets and a set of balls in the package for tennis, squash and badminton
- Rubber boat up to 32 kg - 1 rubber boat, 1 pair of paddles
- Surfboard up to 2 m long - 1 surfboard up to 2 m long
Animals (weight with the container) are not included into free luggage allowance and are paid additionally according the rates under transportation regulations for “Excess luggage” for every kilogram.
Weapons transportation (sports/hunting/combat weapons + ammunition)
Weapons are not included into free luggage allowance and are paid additionally according the rates under transportation regulations for “Excess luggage” for every kilogram.
Excess baggage - is a part of luggage that exceeds determined free luggage allowance or demands obligatory payment regardless of the allowance determined. Excessive luggage should be reserved beforehand. In case you did not do it, the excessive luggage can be transported only when there is such technical feasibility. The weight of one item should not exceed 30 kg. The information about additional payments for every kilogram of excess luggage is available from here
Receiving your baggage upon arrival. Each piece of checked baggage is labeled by baggage identification tag. You should keep your coupon of baggage tag to receive your baggage in the airport entry.
The airline’s liability for the loss of baggageaccepted for carriage without a declaration of value is limited to the sum of 20 USD per 1 kg of checked baggage. Belavia does not accept liability for fragile or perishable items, money, jewelry, precious metals, valuable personal and business papers, passports and other documents carried as part of checked baggage.