The Baggage of the transfer Passengers
Baggage is considered as connecting (transfer) baggage when:
- the arrival of the transmitting flight and the departure of the receiving flight occurs on the same day;
- the transmitting flight arrives late in the evening, and the receiving flight departs early the next morning and the connecting time does not exceed 24 hours, provided that passengers do not collect their luggage at the transfer point.
During check-in, baggage is checked in to one of the following points:
- first stop point («stop-over»);
- the point to which the passenger has a ticket with a confirmed booking;
- the point where the passenger wishes to collect his baggage;
- the point where, according to the booking, the passenger needs to move from one airport to another;
- the destination indicated in the ticket.
Registration of baggage for transfer carriage at the request of the passenger in case of violation of the minimum connecting time is not allowed.
If the carriage of a passenger is issued on different tickets, the baggage has to be checked only to the point of transfer.
When transporting live animals, transfer check-in is allowed only if there is confirmation from all participants in the carriage.
Baggage check is mandatory for aviation security even in cases of short connections.
Transportation of Goods for personal use through the Eurasian Economic Union Border
The customs procedures have been simplified in the National Airport “Minsk” for transfer passengers travelling via Minsk.
The transfer passengers travelling from any point outside the Republic of Belarus including the airports of the Eurasian Economic Union states (The Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Republic of Armenia, the Kyrgyz Republic) via Minsk have not to get their baggage at the Minsk Airport.
The baggage of the passengers crossing the Eurasian Economic Union Border can be checked-in as transfer baggage only in case when it does not contain the goods that are subject to customs declaration.
The baggage checked-in as transfer baggage shall be subject to customs inspection with the use of technical means without the presence of an individual (passenger).
The passenger bears personal responsibility for the consequences that may arise as a result of the detection of undeclared goods in the course of customs control.
The information on customs regulations and requirements with relation to the carriage of baggage across the customs border of Eurasian Economic Union State, including the conditions, limitations and responsibilities that arise after the luggage has been checked-in as transfer, can be found on the site of the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus such as: www.customs.gov.by