Carriage of animals
The transportation of animals requires prior approval of the Airline and is allowed provided that pets are in specialized carriers (containers, cages, soft specialized carriers) with a waterproof bottom and free air access. Transportation of a live animal in soft bags that are not suitable for this (ladies' bag, bag, shopping bag, etc.) is prohibited.
Animals (the weight with container) are not included in the free baggage allowance. The charge to be paid for the transportation of animal in the passenger cabin of the aircraft is 50 EUR / 60 USD / 50 GBP*.
The transportation of animals in the passenger cabin of the aircraft can be carried out as hand luggage (weight together with the container up to 8 kg), as well as on a separate passenger’s seat (weight together with the container up to 23 kg).
When transporting an animal as hand luggage, a fee is charged for the transportation of an animal in the passenger cabin of the aircraft.
When transporting an animal on a separate passenger’s seat, a fee is charged for the transportation additional baggage in the cabin of the aircraft according to the rules established by Belavia Airlines, as well as a fee for the transportation of an animal in the passenger cabin of the aircraft.
The charge to be paid for transportation of animals in the hold is:
- up to 8 kg – 130 EUR / 160 USD/ 120 GBP*;
- from 8 kg up to 32 kg – 150 EUR / 180 USD/ 130 GBP*;
- from 32 kg up to 70 kg – 180 EUR / 220 USD / 160 GBP*.
* Rate in USD is applicable only for Israel, rate in GBP – only for Great Britain. For all other points of sale the rate in EUR is applicable.
For air transportation of animals, you will be asked to provide the following documents:
- Veterinary certificate of vaccination;
- Animal’s passport.
- Veterinary certificate, which must be obtained from the department of the veterinary service (city or district) from the chief veterinarian of the city or district;
- Permit for export / transit / import of a live animal into the territory of a foreign state.
To receive a permit for air transportation of animal, You must submit all the required documents as well as Your animal to the veterinary control at the National Airport "Minsk" (tel.: + 375-17-279-16-90, + 375-17-279-12-15).
The passenger is solely responsible for providing all the necessary documents.
Animals under three months old will not be accepted for transportation.
We draw your attention to the fact that some countries have very strict restrictions or even a ban on the import of animals, so we recommend that you inquire in advance about the rules for their import into the country of destination.
COMPLIANCE WITH ALL LAWS AND RULES FOR IMPORTING ANIMALS INTO THE TERRITORY OF THE STATE OF DESTINATION IS THE OBLIGATION OF THEIR OWNERS.
A live animal must meet the following requirements:
- be clean, healthy / safe and free from unpleasant odors;
- be not aggressive;
- not be under the influence of tranquilizers;
- not be pregnant;
- do not disturb other passengers;
- stay in a cage (container or special bag) throughout the flight.
A specialized carrier (cage, container, soft specialized carrier) designed for transportation of animals must meet the following requirements:
- should be tightly closed;
- prevent leaks with a waterproof bottom;
- fit under the passenger's seat in front;
- be large enough for your pet to be able to lay down, get up and turn around.
If the route provides for a transfer to the flight (s) of another carrier (s) at one or more points, live animals are accepted for carriage ONLY if there is a confirmation from all airlines participating in the carriage.
It is recommended to arrive at the airport of departure no later than 60 minutes before the check-in deadline in order to go through all the necessary procedures.
Belavia - Belarusian Airlines is not responsible for damage caused to the animal by its own behavior and the owner's failure to comply with the rules and laws of the country of destination.
Transportation in cabin as cabin luggage (PETC)
You can take small pets such as cats, dogs, birds, guinea pigs, turtles, hamsters, rabbits and other small homoiothermic animals with you on board. Besides blind/deaf passengers are allowed to be accompanied by guide dogs in the cabin.
Carriage of animals in the cabin (SSR PETC) is allowed if the following requirements are met:
- you can carry only one pet in the cabin;
- your pet must travel in a container (cage, soft carrier) excluding guide dogs;
- only one animal may be placed in the container (cage, soft carrier);
- the weight of the animal together with the container should not exceed 8 kg, the size of the container should not exceed 55Х40Х20 cm;
- the carriage of animals should be requested in advance;
- make sure you’ve got all the necessary documents for animal transportation;
- the pet is presented in a container(cage, soft carrier) at the check-in desk;
- the container (cage, soft carrier) where animal is carried should pass a safety check;
- the container (cage, soft carrier) must be put under the seat in front of you;
- the animal transportation is paid at Belavia rates regardless the number of other checked in baggage.
For safety reasons it’s strictly forbidden to take your pet out of the container during the flight.
Number of animals in cabin per flight is limited and depends on aircraft type.
When the blind/deaf passenger travels accompanied by a guide dog the dog is allowed to be carried free of charge. Its weight and size are not restricted. Carriage of a guide dog is booked at the same time that the flight is booked. A guide dog must
- accompany a deaf/blind passenger;
- have a certificate confirming that it has been trained as a guide dog;
- be on a lead and in a muzzle;
- be healthy-looking, clean and have no odor;
- not occupy a place in the aisle or a passenger’s seat.
The number of guide dogs is not limited by the number of pets allowed for carriage in the cabin.
Transportation in cabin on a separate passenger’s seat
An animal is allowed to be carried on a separate passenger’s seat (SSR CBBG) if the following requirements are met:
- carriage of a snub-nosed animal should be booked in advance. When booking or buying a ticket inform your agent on animal details (quantity, breed, weight, size, etc);
- make sure you’ve got all the necessary documents for animal transportation;
- the weight of the animal together with the container should not exceed 23 kg, the size of the container should not exceed 55Х40Х40 cm. The container should provide а comfortable stay inside;
- you can carry only one pet in the cabin;
- your pet must travel in a container during the flight;
- a specialized container (cage, carrier) for a snub-nosed animal in the cabin that is transported in a passenger’s seat must be rigid with a waterproof bottom and metal reliable locking door;
- The container (cage, carrier) must be designed to be fixed in a passenger’s seat. The container (cage, carrier) with the animal must be reliably secured during all the flight;
- To avoid damaging the passenger’s seat the floor of the container (cage, carrier) must be coved with absorbent material (for example, sawdust). In addition, you should have an absorbent cover to put on the passenger’s seat before locating the container (cage, carrier);
- you can carry only one pet in the container (cage, carrier);
- the pet is presented in a container (cage, carrier) at the check-in desk;
- the container (cage, carrier) where animal is carried should pass a safety check;
- a separate ticket is issued for the carriage of an animal in the cabin of an aircraft with accommodation on a separate passenger’s seat and is paid in accordance with the rules and norms for the carriage of baggage of the CBBG category at Belavia rates, as well as with the charge of the fee established by the Airline for the carriage of an animal in the passenger cabin of the aircraft. Free baggage allowance, cabin luggage and meal are not applied for a ticket purchased for the transportation of an animal on a separate seat;
- the transportation of no more than 1 (one) animal on the same aircraft in a separate passenger’s seat is permitted, which is included in the Airline's restrictions for carriage of PETC;
- opening container (cage), taking out and releasing the animal from container on board the aircraft (in the cabin, toilet), as well as feeding the animal during the flight is FORBIDDEN;
- an animal can only be transported in an “economy” class cabin, transportation in “business” class cabin is FORBIDDEN.
- it is passenger’s responsibility to get an animal transported on a separate seat on board, lift it, locate it in the cabin, take it and get to the passenger terminal.
Carriage of snub-nosed animals
The risk group of animals of brachycephalic breeds includes:
- dogs: Affenpinscher, Bulldog (all breeds except American Bulldog), Pug (all breeds), American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boston Terrier, Boxer, Brussels Griffon, Bullmastiff, Bull Terrier, Chow Chow, King Charles Spaniel , Cane Corso, Japanese Chin, Japanese Spaniel, Lhasa Apso, Mastiff (all types), Pekingese, Pit Bull, Petit Brabancon, Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Tibetan Spaniel, Dogue de Bordeaux;
- cats: British Shorthair, Exotic Shorthair, Himalayan, Persian, Scottish Fold.
Carriage of snub-nosed animals as checked baggage or cargo in the hold is strictly forbidden on Belavia flights.
Snub-nosed animals may be carried in the cabin as hand luggage (SSR PETC) or as cabin baggage on a separate passenger’s seat (SSR CBBG).
Carriage of snub-nosed animals falls within the rules and requirements of pet transportation in the cabin (see Section «Transportation in cabin as cabin luggage (PETC)» and « Transportation in cabin on a separate passenger’s seat»).
Transportation in baggage compartment as checked baggage (AVIH)
On the airline's flights, the carriage of live animals as checked baggage (SSR code «AVIH») is carried out in accordance with the IATA rules for the carriage of live animals (IATA LAR) and the local requirements of the country of departure, destination or transfer, subject to special conditions and requires mandatory advance booking of carriage. When booking the carriage of a live animal, the passenger must provide all the necessary information about the animal (number, weight of the animal, size and weight of the container, type and breed of animal, etc.).
Live animals are accepted for carriage in the baggage hold of the airline's aircraft as checked baggage, subject to the following conditions:
- the health status of the animal is satisfactory and allows transportation to the final destination;
- animals should not show any signs of aggressiveness;
- animals should not be under the influence of tranquilizers (sedatives);
- recently whelped and pregnant animals, as well as animals under the age of 3 months are not accepted for carriage;
- the animal must be transported on the same flight as the owner of the animal, in accordance with the rules and requirements of the country of departure or destination, or transfer;
- the owner of the animal must have properly issued travel documents required for the carriage of the animal, in accordance with the requirements and regulations of the country of departure or destination or transfer;
- the animal is transported in a specialized container (cage), the dimensions of which must correspond to the size of the animal and the requirements for a comfortable stay in it during the flight. Soft-sided carries are not allowed for live animals transportation as checked baggage;
- the cage or container should be spacious and durable enough with a waterproof bottom and air vents on three sides. There must be enough space inside the cage or container for animals to naturally turn, stand, sit, or lie down. The cage or container should be tightly closed but not locked;
- the door of the cage or container must be metal, close tightly and securely locked. Cage or container wheels must be locked or removed;
- for animals transported in the hold, there must be food and water inside the cage or container;
- the container is provided by the passenger himself. The container (cage) must be marked with a tag indicating the name, address and telephone number of the passenger for contact;
- for registration the animal is presented in a cage or container;
- the container (cage) in which the animal is transported must undergo an aviation security check;
- transportation of several live animals in one container (cage) is prohibited.
Carriage of live animals of brachycephalic breeds in aircraft hold as checked baggage or cargo is PROHIBITED.
Great Britain. The transportation of live animals as cargo, luggage, carry-on baggage from the Republic of Belarus to the points on the territory of Great Britain (London, Manchester) on BELAVIA flights IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
The return transportation of live animals from Great Britain to the Republic of Belarus on BELAVIA flights is permitted.
For more information please, address to the representatives of the airline.
Transportation of animals in baggage and hand luggage - tel. (375 17) 220-25-55, e-mail: email@example.com.
Transportation of animals as cargo - tel. (375 17) 279-20-74, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Import of pets to Israel is controlled by the Regulations for Animal Diseases (Import of Animals), 1974 (henceforth, "the Regulations"), and according to the guidelines that have been published on the matter.
- In the wake of the corona virus (covid-19) outbreak, the government has formulated a new regulation, Regulation for a Time of Emergency (New Corona Virus) (Quarantine instead of Government Quarantine Premises), 2020, that states that any Israeli citizen or resident who returns to Israel must be quarantined in government quarantine premises (henceforth, "hotel") for 14 days unless he received a written approval from the Ministry of Health that he was granted the possibility of alternative quarantine instead of hotel. Entry of pets to these hotels is forbidden. Therefore, in order to prevent the abandonment of pets who have arrived in Israel, it has been decided to further regulate the entry of pets to Israel.
- Listed below are the guidelines derived from the decision:
- All pets flaying to Israel must obtain a written approval letter from the veterinary services at Ben Gurion Airport, In order to receive permission to load the animal onto the aircraft, please contact the offices of the Veterinary Services at Ben Gurion Airport by telephone at 03-9792240 or via email at email@example.com.
- All pets owner that must quarantined in government quarantine premises, require an import permit according to regulation 2(a) of the Regulations. c. In order to obtain an import permit, or in case that the pet owner must be quarantine in hotel, the traveler/importer will have to supply all details (name, complete address, contact details – landline telephone, mobile phone, and email) of the person or organization which will care for the animal during the entire time the traveler is in quarantine in the hotel. In case that the importer received from Ministry of Health a writen exemption from quarantine in hotel and grants him an alternative quarantine place he should submmit it to our office together with all the needed paper work.
- Dog/cat accompanied by the owner( the owner recived written approval from the Ministry of Health that he/she can stay in home quarantine) don’t need to fly as catgo manifest.
- In the event that an importer/traveller did not receive from the Ministry of Health an exemption (in writing) from quarantining in a hotel, the Veterinary Services at Ben Gurion Airport will confirm with the person or organization nominated by the importer/traveler to care for the animal while the importer/traveler is in quarantine, that they are willing to take responsibility for the animal for the full time required, and that they will come to fetch the animal from the airport upon its arrival.
- The animal and importer/traveller must meet all the veterinary health requirements of the Veterinary Services regarding pet imports/entrance.
- Importers/travelers that have landed at the airport from overseas are not permitted tocome to the offices of the Veterinary Services or the cargo terminal in order to release the animal. Such individuals may employ the services of a customs agent or other private individual who has not been overseas and is not under any movement restrictions.
- Pets that arrive in Israel in a manner not in accordance with the above regulations will be confiscated by the Veterinary Services or sent back to the country of origin.
- If a pet arrives in Israel in a manner not fitting with the above regulations, legal steps will be taken against the traveler/importer and the airline that brought the animal. The traveler/importer and airline company will also be required to cover all costs associated with returning the animal to its country origin and/or care of the said animal.
- These guidelines are valid beginning the 04 th of June 2020 and until further notice. We would appreciate your attention to the matter and your care in acting in accordance with the above guidelines.
Non-commercials consignments (Cats, Dogs, Ferrets, Birgds):
- Official Health Certificate 48 hours before detarture.
- Microchipping (microchip date before last rabies vaccination is recomended).
- Blood test results: 30 days after last rabies vaccination. Including rabies free countries. If blood test is not provided, otherwise entry will be rejected. Blood test: if rabies chain is not broken and completed timely, it keep validity.
- Owner should be travelling on the same flight & date.
- Only to pets per person are allowed.
- Puppies and kittens less than 4 month old are not allowed.
- Animal rooms are available, but animal hotel is not available. Same day clearance depends on the arrival time & date.
- The following dog breeds are not allowed to enter Turkey: Pit-Bull Terriers, Japanese Tosaya, Dogo Argentino, Pitbull terrier and similar dangerous breeds or mix breeds of such.
- Commercial consignments are subject to pre-approval from the Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Livestock.