Belavia-Belarusian Airlines’ statement on measures to ensure the safety and well-being of passengers and employees during the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic
The safety and health of our passengers have always been and remain our crucial priority. We are taking systemic measures to ensure the safety and preventing the spread of COVID-19. While planning and performing our operations during the current outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, we strictly follow IATA and WHO recommendations, as well as the requirements of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus and those of other relevant regulators.
- Belavia ceased operations or reduced flights to the countries of high prevalence of the novel coronavirus.
- Belavia is working closely with its home base operator - the National Airport Minsk and for-eign airports operators in order to implement timely measures to ensure the safety and well-being of its passengers. All passengers undergo a body temperature check. Measurement marks are placed at intervals leading up to airport check-in counters to ensure safe distance.
- The airline’s appropriate personnel are sufficiently equipped with disinfectants and equipment for aircraft disinfection. Disinfection process involves thorough cleaning of the commonly touched surfaces in the cabin and lavatories, including tray tables, armrests and seat belt buckles. Specialized disinfection of the aircraft cabin is performed daily.
- All air passengers, including children aged over six, are required to wear protective face masks during check-in for Belavia flight, going through security checkpoints and on board the aircraft for the entire duration of the flight. Air passengers who present themselves for boarding without wearing face masks are not allowed to travel.
- Sufficient number of universal precaution kits are available onboard aircraft. Kits are comple-mented by masks and disposable gloves. Passengers are provided with single-use disinfection wipes.
- Each in-flight meal and drinks are served in individual sealed packages.
- Wherever possible, efforts are made to arrange passengers to sit separately and be spaced throughout the cabin.
- All Belavia Crews are trained on measures to prevent transmission of coronavirus. Cabin Crew Members wear masks and disposable gloves while in the cabin. If any passenger develops suspi-cious symptoms during the flight, Cabin Crew is prepared to professionally respond and ensure the safety of other passengers onboard.
- Belavia applied changes to its ticketing rules to let passengers alter their bookings hassle-free. Passengers who have purchased airline tickets are offered flexibility to either change their date of travel free of charge or get a full refund in case of flight cancellation.
- Regular updates are posted on the official website of the airline and on social networking sites.
To combine efforts in battle against COVID-19, we are calling on our passengers to follow the guidance:
- Maintain social distancing and do not build-up congestion in lines at the airport and on board an aircraft.
- Use online or mobile check-in and verify your flight departure time online in order to avoid check-in queues and gathering at airport.
- Wash and clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub regularly. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Follow Cabin Crew safety instructions during the flight.