Change of entry/ transit regulations to/ through Belarus
From December 21, 2020, the new entry and transit/ transfer regulations to/ through Belarus are applied under the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No 705 as of December 7, 2020 “On amendments to the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No 208 dated 4 August 2020 and No 624 dated Octobers 30, 2020”.
|"Red zone"||"Green zone"|
Citizens of the Republic of Belarus;
foreign citizens and stateless persons who have a residence permit in the Republic of Belarus;
foreign citizens and stateless persons who have a temporary residence permit in the Republic of Belarus;
foreigners who have a work permit or supporting documents for the right to work in the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
|Self-isolation within 10 days||No demands|
|Foreign citizens (except children under 6 years old)||PCR test + self-isolation within 10 days||PCR test|
|Transit||Documentary support of the travel in transit across the territory of Belarus within 24 hours||Documentary support of the travel in transit across the territory of Belarus within 24 hours|
Passengers arriving from the countries included in the list of countries where the cases of COVID-19 infection are registered (“red zone”), within 10 (ten) calendar days from the date of arrival in the Republic of Belarus from foreign countries are to stay on self-isolation and are not subject to subsequent passage through the State border of the Republic of Belarus (within the time limit of self-isolation, if they do not transit within 24 hours). You can find the list of the countries of the “red zone” here.
Demands are not applied to:
- persons traveling with diplomatic and service passports;
- heads and members of official delegations;
- foreigners, providing the international technical, foreign gratuitous and other assistance to the Republic of Belarus;
- foreigners arriving in the Republic of Belarus at the invitation of the legal entities, registered in the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
- Vehicle drivers during their performance of international trucking activities as well as transportation of international mails;
- employees of the State Courier Service of the Republic of Belarus, delivering official correspondence and diplomatic mail on interstate courier routes;
- employees of the Republican Unitary Enterprise “Special Communications”, carrying out the delivery of special items on interstate routes of special communications;
- crew members of aircraft, crafts of inland water transport, train crew, a locomotive crew of international railway service;
- citizens of the Republic of Belarus, foreigners who have a permit for permanent or temporary residence in the territory of the Republic of Belarus, who are arriving in the Republic of Belarus after the official business trip;
- persons traveling to the Republic of Belarus on the notice of a serious illness or death of a close relative, spouse as well as their accompanying persons;
- persons transporting stem cells, organs for transplantation;
- citizens of the Russian Federation who transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus to the Russian Federation;
- citizens who transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus and who have the documents confirming the exit from the Republic of Belarus within 24 hours. Persons who have exceeded the 24-hour transit term are allowed to cross the State border of the Republic of Belarus only with a medical document;
- foreigners, arriving in the Republic of Belarus under the concluded agreements for the provision of tourist services for a hunting tour with their participation.
Demands to the document of a PCR test result
- The test is to be performed not later than 3 days before the date of crossing the State Border of the Republic of Belarus.
- The test result must indicate: last name, first name (patronymic), the test date, and result in the English, Russian or Belarussian languages.
- If the document of the test result is drawn up in the other language, it is a prerequisite to have the following data been written in the Latin alphabet – last name, first name (patronymic), and test result.
More detailed information on entry/ exit restrictions by countries can be found here.