Embraer 195-E2: 15 facts about Belavia’s new aircraft
On May 8th, Belavia added a third Embraer 195-E2 aircraft. In honor of this event, we have prepared 15 interesting facts about this new-generation aircraft.
1. The Embraer 195-E2 is the largest aircraft of E-Jets E2-family. Depending on the configuration, it can accommodate up to 146 passengers. Belavia’s comfortable configuration is designed to carry 125 persons (9 seats in business class and 116 seats in economy class).
2. The maximum flying range of the Embraer 195-E2 is 4815 km, which is 555.6 km more than the current generation Embraer 195.
3. The new E195-E2 will be the 15th Brazilian aircraft operated by Belavia Belarusian Airlines - half of the entire fleet in service.
4. During the painting process of the E195-E2, Embraer reduced the paint consumption by 30%. The emissions of volatile organic compounds have also been reduced by 15%.
5. The Embraer 195-E2 can take off with a maximum weight of 62,000kg.
6. The aircraft can climb up to an altitude of 12,497m.
7. The aircraft can reach a speed of up to Mach 0.82, which is the equivalent to 870 km/h at 41,000 ft.
8. The aircraft dimensions are: 41.6m in length, 10.8m in height and 35.1m in wing span.
9. The Embraer 195-E2 is 65% quieter than the current-generation Embraer 195.
10. The E195-E2 features new ultra-high bypass ratio engines, a completely new wing, full fly-by-wire and new landing gear. Compared to the first-generation E195, 75% of the aircraft systems are new.
11. The E195-E2 has the longest maintenance intervals in the single-aisle jet category with 10,000 flight hours for basic checks and no calendar limit for typical E-Jet operations, meaning the aircraft spends more time flying and less time in maintenance.
12. The new overhead bins in the E195-E2 can fit 97% more bags compared to the current-generation E-Jets. The space is so generous that each passenger can stow their standard-size carry-on bag in the bins. If necessary, an additional bag can be stored under each double seat.
13. The E195-E2 flew for the first time in Brazil on March 29th, 2017. The first test flight lasted two hours during which the flight crew evaluated aircraft performance, flight quality and systems behavior, such as autopilot, fly-by-wire in direct mode, and landing gear operation.
14. On April 15th, 2019 the E195-E2 received triple certification: ANAC (Brazilian Civil Aviation National Agency), Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) and the European Aviation Safety Authority (EASA).
15. The E195-E2 is the most efficient aircraft in the single aisle segment, and the quietest. The figures are impressive. Not only does the E195-E2 exceed noise compliance regulations (the E2 must comply with Chapter 4, but has reached Chapter 14), it also delivers 30% less noise compared to older generation single aisle aircraft and 20% less noise compared to new generation single aisle jets. The E195-E2 reduces CO2 emissions by 25% per seat compared with the E195.